https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png 0 0 Myai Du https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png Myai Du2021-04-29 11:33:082022-07-12 15:17:44Antibiotic prescription - description and drivers: Companion animal
Antibiotic prescription – description and drivers: Companion animal
Published 29 April 2021 | updated 12 July 2022
- Tompson, A. C. et al (2021) Understanding antibiotic use in companion animals: a literature review identifying avenues for future efforts. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 8, p. 1125. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2021.719547
- Hughes, L.A. (2012) Cross-sectional survey of antimicrobial prescribing patterns in UK small animal veterinary practice. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 104 (3-4), pp. 309-316. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prevetmed.2011.12.003
- Singleton, D.A.et al (2020) Factors associated with prescription of antimicrobial drugs for dogs and cats, United Kingdom, 2014–2016. Emerging Infectious Diseases, 26 (8), pp. 1778 – 1791. https://dx.doi.org/10.3201/eid2608.191786.
- Mateus, A.L. et al (2014) Qualitative study of factors associated with antimicrobial usage in seven small animal veterinary practices in the UK. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 117 (1), pp. 68-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prevetmed.2014.05.007
- Tompson, A.C. et al (2020) What drives antimicrobial prescribing for companion animals? A mixed-methods study of UK veterinary clinics. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 183, p.105117. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prevetmed.2020.105117
- King, C. et al (2018) Exploring the behavioural drivers of veterinary surgeon antibiotic prescribing: a qualitative study of companion animal veterinary surgeons in the UK. BMC Veterinary Research, 13, no. 332. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12917-018-1646-2
- Currie, K. et al (2018) Expert consensus regarding drivers of antimicrobial stewardship in companion animal veterinary practice: a Delphi study. Veterinary Record, 182 (24), p. 691. https://doi.org/10.1136/vr.104639
- Lavigne, S.H. et al (2021) How companion animal veterinarians in the United States perceive financial constraints on antibiotic decision‐making. Veterinary Record. https://doi.org/10.1002/vetr.62
- Hardefeldt, L. et al (2018) Veterinary students’ knowledge and perceptions about antimicrobial stewardship and biosecurity—a national survey. Antibiotics, 7 (2), p. 34. https://doi.org/10.3390/antibiotics7020034
- Dyar, O.J. et al (2018) Assessing the knowledge, attitudes and behaviors of human and animal health students towards antibiotic use and resistance: a pilot cross-sectional study in the UK. Antibiotics, 7 (1), p. 10. https://doi.org/10.3390/antibiotics7010010
- Walker, B., Sánchez-Vizcaíno, F. and Barker, E.N. (2022) Effect of an antimicrobial stewardship intervention on the prescribing behaviours of companion animal veterinarians: A pre–post study. Veterinary Record, no. e1485. https://doi.org/10.1002/vetr.1485
- Taylor, D. D., Martin, J. N., and Scallan Walter, E. J. (2022) Survey of companion animal veterinarians’ antimicrobial drug prescription practices and awareness of antimicrobial drug use guidelines in the United States. Zoonoses and Public Health. https://doi.org/10.1111/zph.12915
- Weese, J.S. et al (2021) A multicenter study of antimicrobial prescriptions for cats diagnosed with bacterial urinary tract disease. Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery, https://doi.org/10.1177/1098612X211054815
- Bloch, R.A., Papich, M.G. and Sturmer, T. (2022) Veterinary antimicrobial prescribing practices for treatment of presumptive sporadic urinary tract infections in dogs examined at primary care practices in the United States (2010–2019. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, https://doi.org/10.2460/javma.21.03.0123
- KuKanich, K.S. Bagladi-Swanson, M. and KuKanich, B. (2022) Pseudomonas aeruginosa susceptibility, antibiogram and clinical interpretation, and antimicrobial prescribing behaviors for dogs with otitis in the Midwestern United States. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. https://doi.org/10.1111/jvp.13077
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!