https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png 0 0 Myai Du https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png Myai Du2021-04-29 11:43:462022-11-11 10:46:38Owner attitudes to antimicrobial resistance usage and stewardship: Pet owners
Owner attitudes to antimicrobial resistance usage and stewardship: Pet owners
5.b. Pet owners
Published 29 April 2021 | Updated 11 November 2022
- Frey, E., Kedrowicz, A. and Hedgpeth, M.W. (2022) Exploring companion animal caretakers’ attitudes, perceptions and behavioural drivers of antimicrobial use within the social context of veterinary care. Journal of Small Animal Practice. https://doi.org/10.1111/jsap.13549
- Smith, M. et al (2018) Pet owner and vet interactions: exploring the drivers of AMR. Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection Control, 7 , no. 46. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13756-018-0341-1
- Dickson, A. et al (2019) Understanding the relationship between pet owners and their companion animals as a key context for antimicrobial resistance-related behaviours: an interpretative phenomenological analysis. Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine, 7 (1), pp. 45-61. https://doi.org/10.1080/21642850.2019.1577738
- Redding, L.E. and Cole, S.D. (2019) Pet owners’ knowledge of and attitudes toward the judicious use of antimicrobials for companion animals. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 254 (5), pp. 626-635. https://doi.org/10.2460/javma.254.5.626
- Stein, M.R. et al (2021) Knowledge, attitudes and influencers of North American dog‐owners surrounding antimicrobials and antimicrobial stewardship. Journal of Small Animal Practice. https://doi.org/10.1111/jsap.13297
- Rhys-Davies, L. and Ogden, J. (2020) Vets’ and pet owners’ views about antibiotics for companion animals and the use of phages as an alternative. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 7, no. 695. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2020.513770
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!