https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png 0 0 Myai Du https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png Myai Du2020-11-27 15:20:092022-01-05 07:54:13Benefits and risks of neutering pets – what is the evidence - Attitudes to neutering
Benefits and risks of neutering pets – what is the evidence – Attitudes to neutering
Attitudes to neutering
Published 26 November 2020 | Updated 5 January 2022
These papers report on research into the opinions of pet owners and veterinary professionals regarding neutering of dogs and cats:
- Wongsaengchan, C. and McKeegan, D.E.F. (2019) The views of the UK public towards routine neutering of dogs and cats. Animals, 9 (4), p. 138. https://doi.org/10.3390/ani9040138
- Downes, M.J. et al. (2015) Neutering of cats and dogs in Ireland; pet owner self-reported perceptions of enabling and disabling factors in the decision to neuter. PeerJ, 3, p. e1196. https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.1196
- Diesel, G., Brodbelt, D. and Laurence, C. (2010). Survey of veterinary practice policies and opinions on neutering dogs. Veterinary Record, 166 (15), pp. 455-458. https://dx.doi.org/10.1136/vr.b4798
- Da Costa, R.E. et al (2021) Age of sexual maturity and factors associated with neutering dogs in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Veterinary Record, p. e1265. https://doi.org/10.1002/vetr.1265
- Murray, J.K., Skillings, E. and Gruffydd-Jones, T.J. (2008) Opinions of veterinarians about the age at which kittens should be neutered. Veterinary Record, 163 (13), pp. 381-385 https://dx.doi.org/10.1136/vr.163.13.381
- McDonald, J. and Clements, J. (2020) Contrasting practices and opinions of UK-based veterinary surgeons around neutering cats at four months old. Veterinary Record. 187 (8), p. 317. https://dx.doi.org/10.1136/vr.105887
- Roulaux, P.E.M., van Herwijnen, I.R. and Beerda, B. (2020) Self-reports of Dutch dog owners on received professional advice, their opinions on castration and behavioural reasons for castrating male dogs. PLoS ONE, 15 (6), e0234917. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0234917
- Welch, T. et al. (2017) A survey exploring factors associated with 2890 companion-rabbit owners’ knowledge of rabbit care and the neuter status of their companion rabbit. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 137 (A), pp. 13-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prevetmed.2016.12.008
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!