https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png 0 0 Myai Du https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png Myai Du2020-11-27 15:19:222021-08-06 14:40:25Benefits and risks of neutering pets – what is the evidence - General
Benefits and risks of neutering pets – what is the evidence – General
Published 26 November 2020 | Updated 14 April 2021
These papers provide an overview of the main discussion points around elective neutering of dogs and cats:
- Root Kustritz, M.V. (2012) Effects of surgical sterilization on canine and feline health and on society. Reproduction in Domestic Animals, 47 (s4), pp. 214-222. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0531.2012.02078.x
- McKenzie, B. (2010) Evaluating the benefits and risks of neutering dogs and cats. CAB Reviews, 5 (045), pp. 1-18. https://www.cabi.org/cabreviews/review/20103275804
- Houlihan, K.E. (2017) A literature review on the welfare implications of gonadectomy of dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 250 (10), pp. 1155-1166. https://doi.org/10.2460/javma.250.10.1155
- Reichler, I.M. (2009) Gonadectomy in cats and dogs: a review of risks and benefits. Reproduction in Domestic Animals, 44 (s2), pp. 29-35. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1439-0531.2009.01437.x
- Hart, L.A. and Hart, B.L. (2021) An ancient practice but a new paradigm: personal choice for the age to spay or neuter a dog. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 8, no 244. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2021.603257
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!