https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png 0 0 Myai Du https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png Myai Du2023-04-26 16:19:522023-04-27 15:57:41Cannabidiol: Epilepsy and seizures
Cannabidiol: Epilepsy and seizures
Epilepsy and seizures
Published 23 April 2023
- Gesell, F.K. et al. (2013) Alterations of endocannabinoids in cerebrospinal fluid of dogs with epileptic seizure disorder. BMC Veterinary Research, 9, no. 262. https://doi.org/10.1186/1746-6148-9-262
- Rosenberg, E.C., Patra, P.H. and Whalley, B.J. (2017) Therapeutic effects of cannabinoids in animal models of seizures, epilepsy, epileptogenesis, and epilepsy-related neuroprotection. Epilepsy & Behavior, 70, pp. 319-327. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yebeh.2016.11.006
- Potschka, H. et al. (2022) Cannabidiol in canine epilepsy. The Veterinary Journal, 290, no. 105913. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tvjl.2022.105913
- Garcia, G.A. et al. (2022) Safety and efficacy of cannabidiol-cannabidiolic acid rich hemp extract in the treatment of refractory epileptic seizures in dogs. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 9. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2022.939966
- Morrow, L. and Belshaw, Z. (2020) Cannabidiol (CBD) in addition to current treatment for seizure reduction in canine epilepsy [BestBETs for Vets] [online]. Available from: https://bestbetsforvets.org/bet/568 [Accessed 6 April 2023]
- McGrath, S. et al. (2019) Randomized blinded controlled clinical trial to assess the effect of oral cannabidiol administration in addition to conventional antiepileptic treatment on seizure frequency in dogs with intractable idiopathic epilepsy. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 254 (11), pp. 1301-1308. https://doi.org/10.2460/javma.254.11.1301
Online full-text available to Library members
A range of library membership packages is available and MRCVS vets and RVNs can join the library for a heavily subsidised, annual fee.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!