https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png 0 0 Myai Du https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png Myai Du2023-04-26 16:21:252023-04-27 15:51:40Cannabidiol: Pain management and osteoarthritis
Cannabidiol: Pain management and osteoarthritis
Pain management and osteoarthritis
Published 23 April 2023
- Miranda-Cortés, A. et al. (2022) The role of cannabinoids in pain modulation in companion animals. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 9. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2022.1050884
- Morrow, L. and Belshaw, Z. (2022) Cannabidiol (CBD) in addition to current treatment for pain reduction in canine osteoarthritis [BestBETs for Vets] [online]. Available from: https://bestbetsforvets.org/bet/582 [Accessed 6 April 2023]
- Brioschi, F.A. et al. (2020) Oral transmucosal cannabidiol oil formulation as part of a multimodal analgesic regimen: Effects on pain relief and quality of life improvement in dogs affected by spontaneous osteoarthritis. Animals, 10 (9), no. 1505. https://doi.org/10.3390/ani10091505
- Gamble, L.J. et al. (2018) Pharmacokinetics, safety, and clinical efficacy of cannabidiol treatment in osteoarthritic dogs. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 5. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2018.00165
- Verrico, C.D. et al. (2020) A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of daily cannabidiol for the treatment of canine osteoarthritis pain. Pain, 161 (9), pp. 2191-2202. https://doi.org/10.1097%2Fj.pain.0000000000001896
- Klatzkow, S. et al. (2022) Evaluation of the efficacy of a cannabidiol and cannabidiolic acid rich hemp extract for pain in dogs following a tibial plateau leveling osteotomy. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 9. https://doi.org/10.3389%2Ffvets.2022.1036056
Online full-text available to Library members
A range of library membership packages is available and MRCVS vets and RVNs can join the library for a heavily subsidised, annual fee.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!