https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png 0 0 Myai Du https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png Myai Du2021-09-01 10:15:142023-02-17 08:35:01Quality of Life assessment tools - Pain assessment tools - Farm animals
Quality of Life assessment tools – Pain assessment tools – Farm animals
4.b.v. Farm animals
Published 31 August 2021 | Updated 17 February 2023
- Wiseman-Orr, M.L., Scott, E.M. and Nolan, A.M. (2011) Development and testing of a novel instrument to measure health-related quality of life (HRQL) of farmed pigs and promote welfare enhancement (Part 1). Animal Welfare, 20 (4), pp. 535-548 https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/ufaw/aw/2011/00000020/00000004/art00008. Available from: https://www.newmetrica.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Wiseman-orr-Scott-Nolan-2011-p1.pdf [accessed 29 August 2021]
- Wiseman-Orr, M.L., Scott, E.M. and Nolan, A.M. (2011) Development and testing of a novel instrument to measure health-related quality of life (HRQL) of farmed pigs and promote welfare enhancement (Part 2). Animal Welfare, 20 (4), pp. 549-558 https://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/ufaw/aw/2011/00000020/00000004/art00009. Available from: https://www.newmetrica.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Wiseman-orr-Scott-Nolan-2011-p2.pdf [accessed 29 August 2021]
- Viscardi, A.V. et al (2017) Development of a piglet grimace scale to evaluate piglet pain using facial expressions following castration and tail docking: a pilot study. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 4, p. 51. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2017.00051
- McLennan, K.M. et al (2016) Development of a facial expression scale using footrot and mastitis as models of pain in sheep. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, 176, pp. 19-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applanim.2016.01.007
- Fischer-Tenhagen, C., Meier, J. and Pohl. A. (2022) “Do not look at me like that”: is the facial expression score reliable and accurate to evaluate pain in large domestic animals? A systematic review. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 9. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2022.1002681
- Tomacheuski, R. M. et al (2023) Measurement properties of pain scoring instruments in farm animals: A systematic review using the COSMIN checklist. PLoS ONE, 16 (5), no. e0251435. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0280830
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!