https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png 0 0 Myai Du https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png Myai Du2021-09-01 10:17:532022-12-22 14:01:10Quality of Life assessment tools - Pain assessment tools - Horses
Quality of Life assessment tools – Pain assessment tools – Horses
Published 31 August 2021 | 22 December 2022
- Ask, K. et al. (2022) Performance of four equine pain scales and their association to movement asymmetry in horses with induced orthopedic pain. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 9, 938022. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fvets.2022.938022
- Gómez Álvarez, C.B. and Oosterlinck, M. (2023) The ongoing quest for a validated, universally accepted visual lameness grading scale. Equine Veterinary Journal, 55 (1) pp. 5-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/evj.13896
- Ladewig, J. et al. (2022) A review of the ridden horse pain ethogram and its potential to improve ridden horse welfare. Journal of Veterinary Behavior, 54, pp, 54-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jveb.2022.07.003
- Ortolani, F. et al (2021) Development and preliminary validation of a pain scale for ophthalmic pain in horses: The Equine Ophthalmic Pain Scale (EOPS). The Veterinary Journal, 278, p. 105774. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tvjl.2021.105774
- Gleerup, K.B. and Lindegaard, C. (2016) Recognition and quantification of pain in horses: A tutorial review. Equine Veterinary Education, 28 (1), pp. 47-57. https://doi.org/10.1111/eve.12383
- Dalla Costa, E. et al (2014) Development of the Horse Grimace Scale (HGS) as a pain assessment tool in horses undergoing routine castration. PLoS ONE, 9 (3), p. e92281. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0092281
- van Loon, J.P. and Van Dierendonck, M.C. (2015) Monitoring acute equine visceral pain with the Equine Utrecht University Scale for Composite Pain Assessment (EQUUS-COMPASS) and the Equine Utrecht University Scale for Facial Assessment of Pain (EQUUS-FAP): a scale-construction study. The Veterinary Journal, 206 (3), pp. 356-364. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tvjl.2015.08.023
- Ladewig, J. et al. (2022) A review of The Ridden Horse pain Ethogram and its potential to improve ridden horse welfare. Journal of Veterinary Behaviour, 54, pp. 54-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jveb.2022.07.003
- Dyson, S. et al (2018) Development of an ethogram for a pain scoring system in ridden horses and its application to determine the presence of musculoskeletal pain. Journal of Veterinary Behavior, 23, pp. 47-57. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jveb.2017.10.008
- Dyson, S. and Van Dijk, J. (2020) Application of a ridden horse ethogram to video recordings of 21 horses before and after diagnostic analgesia: reduction in behaviour scores. Equine Veterinary Education, 32, pp. 104-111. https://doi.org/10.1111/eve.13029
- Lanci, A. et al (2022) Development of a composite pain scale in foals: a pilot study. Animals. 12 (4), 439. https://doi.org/10.3390/ani12040439
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!