https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png 0 0 Myai Du https://www.infocusvj.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/infocus-logo-2018-v2-300x238.png Myai Du2022-11-14 16:49:532022-11-14 16:49:53Veterinary care of rabbits: Health and welfare of pet rabbits in the 21st Century
Veterinary care of rabbits: Health and welfare of pet rabbits in the 21st Century
1. Health and welfare of pet rabbits in the 21st Century
Published 14 November 2022
- Fisher, P.G. (2010) Standards of care in the 21st century: the rabbit. Journal of Exotic Pet Medicine, 19 (1), pp. 22-35. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.jepm.2010.01.004
- Rioja‐Lang, F. et al. (2019) Rabbit welfare: Determining priority welfare issues for pet rabbits using a modified Delphi method. Veterinary Record Open, 6 (1), p.e000363. https://doi.org/10.1136/vetreco-2019-000363
The February 2020 edition of inFOCUS contains a summary of this paper.
- Rooney, N.J. et al. (2014) The current state of welfare, housing and husbandry of the English pet rabbit population. BMC Research Notes, 7, no. 942. https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-0500-7-942
- O’Neill, D.G. et al. (2020) Morbidity and mortality of domestic rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) under primary veterinary care in England. Veterinary Record, 186 (14), pp. 451. https://doi.org/10.1136/vr.105592
- Robinson, N.J. et al. (2017) Veterinarian nominated common conditions of rabbits and guinea pigs compared with published literature. Veterinary sciences, 4 (4), no. 58. https://doi.org/10.3390/vetsci4040058
The February 2018 edition of inFOCUS contains a summary of this paper.
- Mee, G. et al. (2022) Owner demographic factors are associated with suitable pet rabbit housing provision in the United Kingdom. Veterinary Record, p.e1736. https://doi.org/10.1002/vetr.1736
- Sayers, I. (2010) Approach to preventive health care and welfare in rabbits. In Practice, 32 (5), pp. 190-198. https://doi.org/10.1136/inp.c2228
- Malley, D. (2007) Safe handling and restraint of pet rabbits. In Practice, 29 (7), pp. 378-386. https://doi.org/10.1136/inpract.29.7.378
- APGAW (2021) Good Practice Code for the Welfare of Rabbits: Created to support Section 15 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006. [online] London: APGAW. Available from: https://apgaw.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Rabbit-CoP-2021-1.pdf [accessed 10 November 2022]
- Welsh Assembly Government  Code of Practice for the Welfare of Rabbits: Following the code. [online] Cardiff: Crown Copyright. Available from: https://gov.wales/sites/default/files/publications/2021-02/rabbit-welfare-code-of-practice.pdf [accessed 10 November 2022]
- Pet rabbit welfare guidance [Scottish Government][online]. Available from: https://www.gov.scot/publications/pet-rabbit-welfare-guidance/ [accessed 10 November 2022]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!