Quality of Life assessment tools – Quality of Life assessment tools – Welfare Quality Network
3.b. Welfare Quality Network
Published 31 August 2021
The Welfare Quality Network developed out of the European Welfare Quality Project (2004-2009) and constructed a multicriteria evaluation model based on four welfare principles (Good feeding, Good housing, Good health, and Appropriate behaviour).
- Assessment Protocols [Welfare Quality Network] [online] Available from: https://www.welfarequality.net/en-us/reports/assessment-protocols/ [Accessed 19 August 2021]
- Publications [Welfare Quality Network] [online] Available from: https://www.welfarequality.net/en-us/reports/publications/ [Accessed 19 August 2021]
- Fact Sheets [Welfare Quality Network] [online] Available from: https://www.welfarequality.net/en-us/reports/fact-sheets/ [Accessed 19 August 2021]
- Veissier, I. et al (2011) Highlighting ethical decisions underlying the scoring of animal welfare in the Welfare Quality® scheme. Animal Welfare, 20 (1), p. 89.
- de Vries, M. et al (2013) Evaluating results of the Welfare Quality multi-criteria evaluation model for classification of dairy cattle welfare at the herd level. Journal of Dairy Science, 96 (10), pp.6264-6273. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2012-6129
- Botreau, R., Veissier, I. and Perny, P. (2009) Overall assessment of animal welfare: strategy adopted in Welfare Quality®. Animal Welfare, 18 (4), pp. 363-370.
- Tuyttens, F.A.M. et al (2021) Using expert elicitation to abridge the Welfare Quality® Protocol for monitoring the most adverse dairy cattle welfare impairments. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 8, p. 456. https://doi.org/10.3389/fvets.2021.634470
- Friedrich, L. (2019) Test−retest reliability of the ‘Welfare Quality® animal welfare assessment protocol for sows and piglets’. Part 1. Assessment of the welfare principle of ‘appropriate behavior’. Animals, 9 (7), p. 398. https://doi.org/10.3390/ani9070398
- Friedrich, L. (2018) Test−retest reliability of the Welfare Quality® animal welfare assessment protocol for sows and piglets In: European Federation for Animal Science 69th Annual Meeting. Dubrovnik 27-31 August 2018 [online] Available from: https://meetings.eaap.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/Session8/S08_03_Friedrich.pdf [Accessed 19 August 2021]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!